Do you ever experience pain in your back, neck, or legs after a long day at work? If so, you may need to start paying more attention to your ergonomics.
Ergonomics is the study of how people interact with their environment, and it can be used to improve productivity and reduce the risk of injury.
In this blog post, we will discuss how an under desk footrest can improve your health and productivity. Keep reading to learn more!
What is an Under Desk Footrest?
An under-desk footrest is a small platform that you can place under your desk to rest your feet on.
Footrests are often adjustable, so you can find the perfect height and angle to support your feet.
What are the benefits of using an Under Desk Footrest?
Recent studies have shown that using an under-desk footrest can have a number of benefits for your health. Some of these benefits include:
- Reducing fatigue: If you spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, you may experience fatigue in your legs and feet. An under desk footrest can help to reduce this fatigue by giving your legs a break.
- Improving circulation: Poor circulation can lead to pain, swelling, and cramping in the legs. An under desk footrest can help improve circulation by keeping your feet at a slightly elevated position.
- Reducing back pain: If you have lower back pain, an under desk footrest can help by taking pressure off of your spine.
- Improving posture: Slouching is a common problem when sitting at a desk for long periods of time. An under desk footrest can help to improve your posture by keeping your feet in a more natural position.
- Encourages active sitting: Active sitting is a term used to describe a posture that keeps the spine in its natural alignment. An under desk footrest can encourage active sitting by allowing you to move your feet and legs while you work.
How to Choose an Under Desk Footrest
When choosing an under-desk footrest, there are a few things you should keep in mind, including:
- Size: Make sure to choose a footrest that is large enough to support both feet. You don’t want your feet hanging over the edge of the footrest.
- Adjustability: Look for a footrest that is adjustable so you can find the perfect height and angle to support your feet.
- Non-slip surface: Choose a footrest with a non-slip surface to keep it in place while you’re using it.
- Portability: If you plan on using your footrest at home and at work, look for a portable option that is easy to transport.
Now that you know more about under-desk footrests and their benefits you can check our article about the best under-desk footrests of 2022.
An under desk footrest is a simple and affordable way to improve your health and productivity. If you spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, we recommend giving it a try.
Do you use an under-desk footrest? Let us know in the comments below!